About the Position:
The Assistant Manager (“AM”) is responsible for making sure that the daily operations of the iSMASH center run smoothly by supporting staff on the sales floor and handling administrative duties. Their duties include inspecting inventory shipments, resolving customer complaints and training new team members.
The GM works on-site to oversee employee activities and handle the administrative and managerial duties of running the iSMASH center.
The GM makes sure the location is stocked with the correct amount of inventory, develops strategies to meet sales targets and plan promotions to attract business.
The GM evaluates the employees and mentors them to improve their retail skills, addressing issues with staff and planning professional development opportunities and company policies for employee behavior.
Another role of the GM is to provide customer service and interact with customers who have an issue or need high-level support with a purchase or refund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in realizing or exceeding determined sales plans and target metric objectives, and fill in on the GM’s days off
- Ensure consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation
- Set up and arrange in-store displays to promote sales
- Train staff on how to drive sales through consistent development of product knowledge and customer service standards
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures and report concerns to the General Manager
- Maintain proper inventory controls, facilitate inventory transaction and bulk count as guided by senior management
- Ensure the center is secured at closing by checking if the doors are locked, alarms are set and all safes are locked
- Keep daily records of store sales, damages, deposit log, scheduling, employee discount and new hire paperwork
- Interact with customers who have an issue or need high-level support with a purchase or refund
- Ensure the center remains clean and presentable at all times
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Prior management experience in a retail store or entertainment center
- Strong customer service skills since this is a customer-oriented job
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills towards customers, staff members and store managers
- Great attention to detail for purposes of erecting attractive marketing displays, arranging merchandise and maintaining store appearance
- Ability to lift heavy merchandise, walk and stand for long hours
- Outstanding sales abilities to sell items to customers
- Ability to operate basic business software programs
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment