About the Position:
The General Manager (“GM”) is responsible for the overall management of the iSMASH center, which includes overseeing sales, staff and inventory.
The GM works on-site to oversee employee activities and handle the administrative and managerial duties of running the iSMASH center.
The GM makes sure the location is stocked with the correct amount of inventory, develops strategies to meet sales targets and plan promotions to attract business.
The GM evaluates the employees and mentors them to improve their retail skills, addressing issues with staff and planning professional development opportunities and company policies for employee behavior.
Another role of the GM is to provide customer service and interact with customers who have an issue or need high-level support with a purchase or refund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, train and assist employees in customer service, store maintenance and product promotions.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for employees and promotions centered on daily booking demand, holiday sales and other cycles.
- Seek ways to better promote the store, the product line and service within the store.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, ensure stocking, implement purchasing plans and maintain contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales goals.
- Implement cross-training of employees and Assistant Managers to maintain productivity at all times.
- Manage all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
- Ensure the center remains clean and presentable at all times.
- Hire and train as needed to ensure adequate personnel is on hand to provide outstanding customer experience.
- Schedule repairs and other services for the center as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Prior management experience in a retail store or entertainment center
- Proactive in-store planning skills
- Self-motivated leadership
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong sales abilities
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to operate basic business software programs
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Heavy lifting required